The perfect list you need when searching for your wedding venue in Belfast, Northern Ireland
Dreaming of getting married in Northern Ireland? I’ve rounded up my favourite wedding venues in Belfast city for you to peruse.
There’s something really special about getting married in Belfast, and if you have dreams of getting hitched in the capital then you’re really spoilt for choice when it comes to finding the perfect Belfast wedding venue.
It’s a city where you can find a little bit of everything, from quirky music halls to glamorous hotels and small fine dining restaurant wedding venues.
Despite having lots of places, you could be feeling a little overwhelmed, so I’ve compiled a list of some cool venues in Belfast for you to check out!
- The Queen’s Film Theatre : It’s a unique venue for your wedding, in the heart of the cultural University Quarter. They can add the finishing touches to your special day with a film screening of your choice with exclusive personalised cocktails in their bar! Can you imagine having canapés, DJ sets and dancing in a movie theatre? “Channel big-screen glamour on your big day!” Capacity 90-201 guests.
- The Empire Music Hall : Capture your special moments against the iconic backdrop of The Empire Music Hall. Intimate weddings feel most at home in The Empire, catering for up to 100 guests dining, and evening reception parties can accommodate up to 400. Delicious buffet or formal meals are a go here, in the Botanic area of Belfast. Weekdays & Fridays are available.
- Deanes at Queens (2 Locations) Along College Gardens road, this is a unique venue for a celebration with superb food in stylish surroundings. Botanic Gardens and Queens University grounds are across the road! It’s suitable for 15 – 56 guests seated. This is one of my favourite places for dinner in town. Along Howard Street in Belfast city centre, this venue is a lavish dining room with a private bar in the Deanes Flagship premises. Suitable for up to 140 guests seated in the main restaurant and up to 44 guests in The Private Dining Room. They also have a Civil Ceremony & Civil Partnership License.
- AMPM (3 Options) : With three glamorous spaces to choose from you have to check them out. Their intimate champagne lounge is one of Belfast’s most unique dining spaces with our large booths and smaller tables for intimate suppers.(Dining – 115). Their second room is their Cabaret open space, seating 160.
- The Treehouse : Thirdly AMPM offer a rooftop venue called the treehouse, seating 70 – 110 which is also available in winter. How lovely would it be to have your wedding on the top floor?
- The Chelsea : This luxurious boutique wedding venue is along the Lisburn Road. With catering for up to 80 dining guests and a total of 140 including evening guests it’s ideal for a city wedding. I was here in February and it was lovely. A yellow bucket on string is how you pass up your song requests to the DJ booth – great craic!
- SS Normadic Ship
- Imaging having your wedding and meal on a ship! The Nomadic’s four decks have stunning views and the incredible photo opportunities provide an impressive location for your special day!
- Belfast Castle
- The castle has lovely views over belfast lough, and beautiful gardens. The Chichester and Donegall rooms can seat up to 160 guests.
- Queens University, Iconic Lanyon or Riddle Hall Graceful Grade 2-listed building set in its own beautifully landscaped gardens with options of the great hall and glass foyer.
- Ulster Museum With The Belfast Room seating 100 and The Atrium seating 150 you could be surrounded by history, art and botanical gardens.
The Merchant Hotel The Merchant Hotel is one of the top wedding venues in Belfast. Whatever size and style you have in mind, they’ll help you create your dream day. The Rita Duffy room or the Roof Garden look beautiful.
Grand Central Hotel For the ultimate wedding backdrop, bask in the views of the famous Belfast skyline. The Grand Central is fully licensed for your wedding ceremony. 70 people Dining.
- The Titanic Hotel
- The Fitzwilliam Hotel
- Ten Square Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Belfast
- Bullitt Hotel
- AC Hotel Belfast
Once you’ve decided on a venue and what it can offer, you can begin to organise where your ceremony will be at and travel if there is any.
I’m a Northern Irish Wedding and Elopement photographer most passionate about capturing moments here on the Emerald Isle of Ireland. A photographer documenting weddings and couple sessions in the beautiful location of Belfast, Northern Ireland.